Quantification and Reporting of Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Removals
Increasing public and government concerns for climate change have brought about global agreements, like the Paris Agreement that outline bold, comprehensive plans for greenhouse gas reductions. A growing number of organizations are committing to these GHG reduction efforts by implementing frameworks for monitoring and reporting on GHG inventories that are then captured in their sustainability reporting. The ISO 14064 standard provides clear requirements for the design, development, management, reporting and verification of an organization’s GHG inventory.
A verification assessment creates credibility and transparency in your reporting outputs.
ISO 14064 will help organizations meet the requirements of many disclosure tools that companies are using to communicate their environmental, social and governance performance, such as:
- CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project)
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB)
Benefits of ISO 14064 Certification
An abundance of benefits can be realized with ISO 14064, including:
- Enhanced credibility, integrity, consistency and transparency of GHG quantification, monitoring, reporting, verification and validation
- Facilitate the development and implementation of GHG management strategies and plans, as well as mitigation actions through emission reductions or removal enhancements
- Track performance and progress in the reduction of GHG emissions and/or increase in GHG removals
- Identify emission reduction opportunities and increase profitability by reducing energy consumption
- Better manage risk and opportunity, including financial, regulatory, supply chain, product and customer, reputational risks and opportunity for business
- Participation in voluntary GHG registries or sustainability reporting initiatives
- GHG markets, such as the buying and selling of GHG allowances or credits
- Meet regulatory/government GHG programs, such as credit for early action, agreements or national and local reporting initiatives
Work with SRI, a Qualified, Independent Certification Body
SRI has been in business since 1991, and since the inception SRI has been a leader is sustainability and environmental assessments, including Greenhouse Gas Inventory Verification. With decades of experience, no firm can provide a better verification assessment than SRI. Contact us today to get started by submitting an SRI Contact Form, emailing email@example.com, or calling 724-934-9000.
Not Quite Ready for a Verification Assessment?
Through our affiliate company, 3R Sustainability, GHG Inventory Experts can help you navigate the ISO 14064 Standard and prepare you for assessment, so you can be confident when the time comes!