Information Technology Service Management
SRI continues to be a leader in IT certification services by being one of the first U.S. registrars to be accredited by ANAB and itSMF for ISO 20000-1. Combined with SRI’s leadership in ISO 27001 information security certification, no registrar better serves the high tech and information services industry than SRI.
What is ISO 20000-1?
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 defines the requirements for a service provider to deliver managed services. It is the first international standard for service management and promotes the adoption of an integrated process approach to effectively deliver managed services.
IT and business service providers are under great pressure to deliver cost-effective, high-quality, safe and reliable service to their customers and their own organizations. With growing reliance on support services and the wide range of technologies available, service providers strive to uphold high levels of customer service. ISO 20000-1 has been developed to make your business support organization or IT service providers more efficient and ensure quality, consistent, and reliable service through implementation of an Information Service Management System.
The ISO/IEC 20000:2011 standard consists of two parts under the title Information Technology – Service Management:
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 (Part 1) consists of a number of specifications, including Planning and Implementing Service Management, Requirements for a Management System, Planning and Implementing New or Changed Services, Service Delivery Process, Relationship Process, Control Processes, Resolution Processes, and Release Process.
- ISO/IEC 20000-2:2011 (Part 2) is a “code of practice” that describes the best practices for service management within the scope of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011. Part 2 helps those organizations looking to adopt ISO 20000.
What are the recognized benefits of an ISO 20000-1 Management System?
Some of the key benefits of implementing ISO 20000-1 within your organization are as follows:
- Improved efficiency, reliability, and consistency of services in all areas, impacting costs and service
- Increased likelihood of being chosen over your competitors that are not certified to ISO 20000-1
- Ability to manage suppliers more effectively
- Reduction in the frequency of supplier audits
- More responsive services
ISO 20000-1 applies to both large and small service providers. Service management processes deliver the best possible service to meet a customer’s business needs within agreed resource levels, no matter the size of the organization.